Job vacancy Commercial Real Estate Legal Counsel in Kampala
Temporary / Contract
13 Jul, 2019
Commercial Real Estate Legal Counsel
As a Commercial Real Estate attorney, you will provide legal advice and recommendations to business clients in our commercial real estate investor area. Handle legal matters of intermediate complexity to ensure that company affairs are conducted within the framework of the law and consistent with sound business practices and ethics
- Must be admitted to practice in the state employed within twelve months of hire.
- Requires knowledge of the relevant area of law and its application.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and independently on a self-motivated basis.
- Requires superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of the law to make sound judgments, communicate, and interact with others in a professional manner.
- Some travel may be required.Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Investment Code of Ethics
- For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
- Will work as part of an integrated team that provides commercial real estate services to Principal Real Estate Investors and will be handling a variety of sophisticated real estate transactions, which may include both debt and equity related matters.
- Primary debt responsibilities may include;
- (i) legal support for loan originations, acquisitions and servicing of mortgage, high yield, construction and/or participating construction loans;
- (ii) review and negotiation of loan, due diligence and related documents;
- (iii) legal support of the debt portfolio management teams.
- Primary Equity responsibilities may include;
- preparation/review of transaction documents including joint venture agreements,
- term sheets/letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, development agreements and leases.
- This lawyer may also assist with preparation of investment management agreements for new client mandates. An interest in learning and providing legal assistance with new product development and private fund offerings is a positive.
- We help people create the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 2018 as financial services company. Today, we’ want to a member of global investment management leader.
- So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
- Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 3 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
- Learn more about our values in the workplace.
350000 - 2000000 (UGX)
Share this job offer
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 13 Jul, 2019WORK ATCrets Group Limited
See all jobs