Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL) is a Public Limited Liability Company incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act (Cap 110), the Laws of Uganda and in conformity with the Electricity Act, 1999. UEGCL started operation on 1st April 2001 and is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, with the head office located in Kampala. The mandate of UEGCL is to establish, acquire, maintain and operate electricity generation facilities as well as promote Research and Development in the Electricity generation sector while running the company on sound business principals.
Job Title: Administration Manager (1)
Nature of employment: Full time
Duty station: Kampala
Reports to: Chief Human Resource Officer .
The Administration Manager will oversee the management and coordination of the administrative services of UEGCL including property management, Insurance, transport, cleaning, and staff refreshments as well as logistical support to the Projects
Duties and responsibilities.
• Design, review and implement Administrative policies and procedures in accordance to UEGCL Strategic direction.
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure seamless services.
• Design, monitor and implement systems that promote effective Property Management at all UEGCL
• Facilities in accordance with the Property Management Policy.
• Oversee the records management system
• Ensure hospitality across the business.
• Oversee bookings for company events
• Develop and review administration strategies and Budget in line with UEGCL policies and procedures.
• Design, monitor and implement systems that promote efficiency in fleet management
• Plan, monitor and implement procedures that promote good contract management of all service providers.
• Design and implement systems that promote efficiency in usage of administrative services like fuel and vehicle utilisation.
• Design and implement systems that promote energy efficiency in usage of administrative equipment including: photocopiers, computers, telephones. Nurture, mentor, coach and develop capacity of administration and transport staff into a competent team.
• Maintain and improve the organisation's property and facilities eg. Office premises, staff residencies.
• Formulate annual scorecards and monitor staff performance
• Any other duties assigned
• Oversee the security management function
• Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal skills and high level of integrity HR management skills
• Report writing skills
• Policy formulation skills
• Strategy and policy formulation skills
• Collaborative and coordination skills
• ICT skills.
• Property management skills
• A Bachelor's degree (Honors) in Arts or Science
• A Master's degree in Public Administration and Management.
Job Education: Not Specified
10 years working experience with at least 5 years at senior level management in a busy organization and/or project.
Work Hours: 8