Head Of Programs JOB ANNOUNCEMENT.
Duty station: Kampala
Duration of the advertisement: from 23rd November to 4th December 2020
Duration of the assignment: 12 months.
Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) is an indigenous registered Non-Governmental Organization in line with the requirements of the NGO Act 2016, located in Kyanja off Gayaza Road, 7 Miles from Kampala city center in Uganda.
The Organization was founded in 1983 and it has been working directly with local community groups, individuals, institutions and other organizations to stop environmental destruction and promote efficient management of natural resources as its fundamental mission and a core vision for having a Ugandan society with a ‘’safe environment for a sure future’’.
JEEP has created environmental awareness at all levels of societies; influencing policies and integrating environmental considerations in all aspects of social, economic and cultural development through ensuring that households use energy efficient technologies, agro-forestry and sustainable agriculture; foster and bring concrete impacts in terms of food and fuel - wood security, improved nutrition, increased incomes and raised standards of living.
Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programs. .
The job exists to provide sound, efficient and accountable administration of human resource and administration functions.
The jobholder is responsible for overseeing the general administration and Human Resource function of the organization as well as to coordinate transport, logistics, and security. He/she is also responsible for both human resource management and coordination function of the entire organization as well as providing technical support to the management team on HR issues.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITY
1) Human Resource management
• Spearhead human resource planning, forecasting and track deployment, in line with the strategic plan.
• Support management in reviewing and development of compliance with the organization’s HR policy and ensure compliance with the employment Act and all national labor laws.
• Develop and maintain functional and efficient human resource management and administration systems, processes and procedures.
• Guide management and staff on employment law and statutory obligations as well as JEEP employment policies and procedures.
• Execute employee screening and selection processes.
• Develop and maintain up to date job descriptions for all positions
• Conduct induction and orientation for all new employees
• Ensure that all staffs have valid employment contracts and appointment letters
• Ensures that all relevant HR information is obtained and secured including ensuring that confidentiality is upheld.
• Under take staff capacity needs assessment, spearhead the professional development planning and execution based on the needs and capacities of the organization.
• Administer compensation and benefits involving; working conditions leave or redundancy packages with staff and representatives including management of leave schedules
• Maintain safety, health, and welfare of all employment including ensuring work life balance.
• Monitoring and reporting of all employees including ensuring work life balance.
• Support the management team in the implementing grievance and disciplinary procedures and standards
• Participate in and facilitate staff mediation and tribunal, etc as required
• Liase with the Administration Assistant to conduct staff performance planning and reviews
• Facilitate volunteers’ placement in line with the volunteer policy of JEEP
2) Support to the Chief Executive (CEO)
Will provide administrative support to the CEO for smooth management of her /his day today affairs as well as ensure most effective use of his/her time. Handle sensitive and complex issues as appropriate especially in the absence of the CEO. Specifically he/she will carry out the following duties:
• Manage the CEO’s daily, assessing the priority of appointment and reallocation as necessary
• Process the CEO correspondence, ensuring that the CEO and other staff as appropriate deal with incoming correspondences.
• Supporting organization of Board meetings and Act as Secretary
• Drafting briefing papers, reports, responding to mails and other corresponding and presentations on behalf of the CEO.
• Ensuring that the CEO is well prepared for scheduled meetings, prepared agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
3) Administrative duties
• Preparation of quarterly and annual reports in the administrative section.
• Manage arrangement for the board and Sub-Committee meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers.
• Providing administrative support to the CEO in scheduling all meetings
• Execute any other administrative tasks as deemed appropriate
• Guide and mentor Admin Assistant in effectively communicating to the external stakeholders and providing customer care services.
5) General duties
• Participate in the organization’s key events and represent the organization in relevant national and international events.
• Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to drivers, volunteers/interns and other assigned workers.
• Participate in other programme area activities when required.
• In collaboration with the management Team, identify existing and potential funding opportunities, and participate in the HR and Administrative aspects of project proposal development.
• Ensure all resources under his /her care are properly deployed and utilized.
• To adhere to our organization values and to actively promote the application amongst colleagues.
• To undertake tasks in creating, self-driven and innovative fashion
• To undertake tasks in a relevant meeting and fora
• Participate in raising resources for building JEEP reserves
• Ensure that all activities are implemented in a gender sensitive manner.
• Adhere to JEEP
policies, procedures and performance expectations in all functions • To identify and implement additional tasks/ ideas of benefit to the organization (whether directly linked to one’s job or not)
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the CEO
• The attainment of the above will be reflected in the M&E, as well as achievement of outputs as described in the above key responsibilities.
A bachelor’s degree in Social Science, education, organizational psychology or any related field. A Master’s degree and Postgraduate diploma qualification in Human Resource Management or any related field is an added advantage.
• Conversant with people and performance management processes and practices. Experience in community works and team leadership.
• Team working
• Leadership and management skills
Experience: 3-4 Years in social work and other related fields
Analytical skills, pay attention to detail, problem solving skills, organizer, ability to multi-task without losing focus, good time management, mature and calm personality and self-driven
Communication and interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills (listening, verbal and writing).
• Ability to manage diversity. Good relational skills. Impeccable level of integrity and confidentiality.
Job Education: Not Specified
Other important considerations
Women 38 – 48 years are encouraged to apply with the ability to drive and a valid driving permit.
TIMELINE Contract length for the Head of Programs is up to December 2021 with possibility of extension based on job performance.
JEEP offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and NSSF) in accordance to experience and JEEP HR Manual.
Work Hours: 8