Job Title: Administrative Officer
Supervisor: PM, DINU
Job Type: Regular, Full Time
About Catholic Relief Services:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS' projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. CRS Uganda employs around 190 staff and has its main office in Kampala, with sub-offices in Moroto, Yumbe, and Hoima
The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda, in partnership with CARE are implementing the Inclusive
Market-based Development for Smallholder Farmers in Karamoja sub region Project. The goal of this 36 months programme is designed to increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition and enhance household income in the Karamoja Sub-region, and Katakwi District.
The Specific Objective of the DINU programme is to increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition and enhance household incomes through support to diversified food production and commercial agriculture and through improved household resilience (notably to climate change) and women empowerment. The target population is expected to receive support to engage in diversified agricultural production and establish linkages to commercial input and output markets and financial services to engage in commercial agriculture allowing for improved food security and improvement of nutrition specifically amongst children, women and adolescents. The project will also include specific
and nutrition sensitive interventions and support other health related service acess with a strong focus on gender equality and empowerment of women and youth.
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures. .
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
• Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
• Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g.
• various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors' welcome packages, etc.).
• Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
• Coordinate the efficient use of sub-office assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
• Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labelling, physical counts, etc.
• Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma required. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility.
• Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
• Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
• Good planning, organizational and time management skills
• Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
• English fluency, local languages spoken in Karamoja region is an added advantage
• Based in Moroto and 30% travel to the DINU districts