Founded in 1981, Ayuda en Acción is an international NGO that operates in more than 20 countries of Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe. Ayuda en Acción is committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that cause inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. Ayuda en Acción has been in Uganda for over 20 years and is now in the process of establishing itself stronger, in order to expand impact by creating more partnerships and work projects implemented through partners as well as direct implementation.
Ayuda en Acción is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Objectives of the Position
Ayuda en Acción is recruiting experienced candidates to coordinate and monitor on the financial & administration areas of the programmes to be implemented by Ayuda en Acción or their Implementing Partners.
The selected candidate will support the administration and finance areas complying with all the requirements of Ayuda en Acción and donors’ regulations & policies, undertaking the financial, human, material and technological resources and supporting other operational areas of the organization, partners, communities, public institutions and other relevant actors to achieve the organization's objectives in Ayuda en Acción Programmes .
• Ensure compliance with legal, fiscal, labour, accounting and tax national framework;
• Submit financial and accounting reports complying with the guidelines and deadlines in accordance with the regulations of Ayuda en Acción and donors;
• Ensure that funds are properly deployed in accordance with the internal rules of Ayuda en Acción and donors for success of intended programmes and projects;
• Prepare the budget plan for future proposals, in coordination with Headquarters in Spain and National Office, monitor financial accountability, analyzing deviations in the performances of the different budgetary items in order to contribute to the organization’s objectives;
• Carry out field visits in the framework of the projects implemented through our Implementing Partners (Ips); monitoring and ensuring compliance with the signed funding agreements;
• Management and control of the cash balances , carry out bank reconciliations for the field bank accounts and, ensuring adequate liquidity levels at all times for Ayuda en Acción project’s implementation;
• Ensure compliance with Ayuda en Acción and national tax, legal & labor procedures;
• Support the Country Administrator in the management of human resources and administration functions at the field level;
• Knowledge of laws and work practices in Uganda with the proven working experience in that regard;
• Assure compliance with the Ayuda en Acción procurement procedures and check inventory control as per internal & donors regulations;
• Lead and provide comprehensive support to processes of external/internal audits, accounting, management and project execution;
• Monitor and carry out continuous exhaustive evaluations in the financial management control area of the field office, ensuring the sustainability of the processes;
• Assure the implementation of best practices and internal control mechanisms in the processes of management and administration of the resources;
• Lead and manage staffs under her/his supervision, training needs assessment and capacity building for all the Support area staff. S/he also is responsible to give proper induction for the non-finance staff, review gaps and give proper training for the partners, communities, etc to embrace all changes of policy, regulations and guidelines of Ayuda en Acción & Donors;
• Carry out all the tasks entrusted by the Management Team at the field level and also from the National Office.
Skills and experience
• University studies in Business Administration or related. Valued: Chartered Accountant
• Minimum of 06 years of experience in finance and administration management, preferably in an INGO setting;
• High skills in office software (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.);
• High skills in financial ERP (knowledge of SAP ERP will be a plus);
• Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written);
• Availability to travel within the field programme area;
• Proficiency in labour and tax legislation in force.
Qualities and key skills
• Problem solving and innovation;
• Results orientation;
• Pro Active, fast learner, cooperative and organized behavior.
Job offer conditions
• Immediate incorporation;
• Full-time job;
• Work Center: based in Adjumani (West Nile);
• Remuneration in accordance with the Ayuda en Acción remuneration policy
Work Hours: 8