Nsamizi is an Implementing Partner (IP) for UNHCR that positively contributes IOWBTGS improving sustainable living standards of refugees and other Persons of Concern, through; Provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods and Environment & Energy services in refugee and hosting populations. With funding from UNHCR, Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development, is to carryout recruitment of staff to work on its UNHCR funded project in lnsingiro, Kyegegwa and Kamwenge Districts.
Nsamizi is looking for mature, qualiﬁed and experienced persons for the following positions;
Job Title: Environment and Energy Officer
Place of Assignment: Kamwenge
Reports to: Field Extension Coordinator
Job Summary: The Environment and Energy Officer will primarily ensure the implementation of all Energy and Environment interventions in the areas of operation. He/she is responsible for roll-out and implementation of project activities and facilitate quality impact-focus interventions. He/she will be responsible for the development, ongoing support, continuing development, and daily technical backstopping of all Energy and Environment activities. He/she will also work closely with all team members. partners, counterparts and stakeholders in ensuring project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Field Extension Coordinator, resolve issues and make decisions regarding criteria for identiﬁcation, selection, veriﬁcation of beneﬁciaries targeted for the Environment and Energy interventions
• Participate in assessments to identify gaps and opportunities to strengthen and expand Environment interventions
• Support in the designing of appropriate interventions to improve charcoal production such as deployment of improved production technologies; switch to alternative sources of biomass, etc.; including reforestation programs.
• Actively participate in the research and design of stoves models to suit user demands in terms of fuel type. access and cooking practices in both refugee settlements and hosting communities.
• Engage with relevant staff to put in place a detailed implementation plan for the
• Environment and Energy activities Design systems and ensure accountability speciﬁcally to refugees, local communities, OTHCB Of the Prime Mil'1i5lBf (OPM), CI0l'i0f5 and other stakeholders.
• Closely follow up on day to day implementation oi Environment and Energy Project activities and take corrective action to achieve key result indicators and goals as speciﬁed in the work plan.
• Ensure quality of project outputs through regular supervision and monitoring.
• Ensure that the project beneﬁciaries i.e. refugees and host communities, are participating as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation oi the project.
• In collaboration with data clerk and monitoring and evaluation officer. put in place project ﬁeld monitoring plan. tools and project database and ensure the database is updated regularly with project information.
• Supporting community initiatives for the renewal and sustainable exploitation oi the natural environment
• Provide timely, high quality project progress reports both for Nsamizi internal and donor requirements
• Collect lessons learned, best practices. cases studies and support Knowledge management
• Provide capacity building training to staff under the environment and energy sector Guide the team to ensure that project implementation is responsive to communities and consistent with Nsamizi’s relevant project guidelines, pnnciples, values, quality standards and strategic plan