Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for financial management and general Administrative support at the field level office ensuring value for money in all the transactions and efficient and effective Administrative functions and routines . Key Duties & Responsibilities Finance
• Verify all payments and PRFs for proper fund, donor and account coding, budget availability, accuracy and completeness. Expenses must be reasonable, allowable and allocable. Petty Cash to the maximum amount of 350,000 UGX (amount exceeding 350,000 UGX will be verified by Kampala finance).
• Petty cash management including preparation of cash vouchers for reimbursement of small payments, making payments to recipients, preparing summaries for replenishment of the petty cash fund assessing, verifying and processing payments
• Preparing check payment vouchers for all approved check payments to recipients
• Record all payments and receipts into spreadsheet and verify its correctness against the hard copies before sending to Kampala office for processing
• Managing all aspects of day to day operations of Finance Office in Kyangwali Field site
• Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems
• Ensure compliance with ARC and donors procedures and guidelines
• Submit expenditure worksheets together with the hard copies to the Finance Head Office for replenishment whenever the petty cash balance reaches 1,000,000 UGX a minimum
• Ensure all payment documents for proper and adequate back up based on the ARC Uganda minimum supporting documents requirement policy.
• Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
• Report to the supervisor all anomalies in implementing ARC internal control policies
• Facilitate and support all internal and external audits to be conducted in Kyangwali Field Office.
• Ensures that all Nakivale Field office finance records are filed and labeled in a logical, orderly and neat manner, so as to provide for security of documentation, ease of accessibility, and the preservation of records.
• Contributes significantly to the ongoing process of continuous improvement of the financial management system and the internal control. Administration:
• Maintain an up-to-date leave register for Kyangwali Field office, while providing regular updates to staff about leave days and leave plans as per the HR leave policy.
• Prepare a monthly leave report and send it to the HRC at the end of month for reconciliation.
• Receive, review and register all staff timesheets, ensuring they are correctly filled at the end of each month before sending to Kampala Office.
• With support from your supervisor, participate in the recruitment process of Grade A positions and Incentive workers at field level by posting adverts, shortlisting, scheduling interviews, inviting and interviewing candidates.
• Support in following up of onboarding process of new hires at field level.
• Support exiting staff in clearance at field level upon request and guidance from HR Office in Kampala.
• Perform any other duties assigned to you. Qualifications and experience:
• A minimum of a degree in business, finance or accounting or any other related field
• At least three years’ experience working experience as an accountant in a busy organization
• Computer Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
• Proven organizational skills and multitask under tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
• High level of integrity
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team.