Kampala Area Federation Of Communities (KAFOC) is a registered non-profit making and Child focused NGO, based in Wakiso. It is an umbrella organization supported by ChildFund International to support four (4) communities (Nakulabye, Mbuya, Bbiina and Kireka) located in the districts of Kampala and Wakiso. Our mission is “to empower poor vulnerable children by building their capacities and those of families and host communities thereby increasing opportunities for them to realise their full potential”.
In order to deliver programs that transform the lives of children in the supported communities, KAFOC seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-motivated and hardworking person in the position of Finance and Administration Assistant.
JOB TITLE: Finance and Administration Assistant (1 Position)
Accountability/Reporting: The position holder will report to KAFOC Finance and Administration Officer.
Location: The Job Holder will be based at KAFOC secretariat in Kireka, Kira Municipality.
PURPOSE OF POSITION & JOB SUMMARY:
To provide accounting support with a specific focus on financial management, cash management, bookkeeping and financial records management, advances management, bank reconciliation, Asset management, enforcing internal controls and ensure compliance with KAFOC and donor finance policies and procedures. .
• Front desk management
• Management of service providers
• Cash management
• Bookkeeping and financial information management.
• Budget Management
• Provide Enterprise Risk Management support
• Advances Management:
• Asset Management
• Procurement support
• Capacity Building
• Line manage the Driver / Janitor
• Stores management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/B.com, Accounting or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
• At least two years of work experience in Finance, Accounts and Administration function in an NGO setting is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in organizing and procurement, Asset management, Cash and Advance Management.
• Demonstrated experience in human relations is required.
• High level of stewardship, flexibility, transparency and accountability and willingness to learn in a fast and dynamic work environment.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel is a MUST and other accounting software experience preferably QuickBooks.
• Good knowledge of financial management and accounting.
• Strong analytical skills including attention to details.
• Experience working with non-governmental organization preferable child centered organization.
• Must be highly reliable and independent, able to work with minimal supervision under pressure.
• A good understanding, appreciation and adherence to child safeguarding policies.
• Demonstrated abilities in supervision and mentorship are required.
• Experience in Disaster management and emergency response will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in partnership engagement.
Work Hours: 8