John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for different positions for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance ServicesNorth, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project. USAIDRHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda's Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
RHITES-N, Lango is a five-year contract which started in February 2018 and will end in February 2023. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
Job Title: Information Technology (I.T) Specialist
Report to: Director, Administration and Finance
Contract terms: Fixed Term .
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install new Information Technology Systems, assess existing systems, implements upgrades as needed and in accordance with JSI standards and the RHITES-N, Lango Project operational requirements
• Responsible for administration of centralized network services both at the RHITES-N, Lango Project and the supported health facilities.
• Administering the Projects Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Firewall, FTP Server, Web Server, Backup Solution and Security System
• Maintain and execute corporate RHITES-N, Lango Project disaster recovery procedures
• Documents and maintains IT Systems installations and/ or upgrade configuration procedures and standards
• Provide direction and supervises major IT projects, priorities, standards, policies and procedures
• Create an IT roadmap and action plan for future growth of the RHITES-N, Lango Project
• Manage a complex environment consisting of user access, file and print shares, network subnets, JSI specific software applications, and high-performance computing
• Responsible for end-to end IT operations, performs daily system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, security, reviewing system and application logs, and completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities; configure/add new services as necessary
• Provide network design, installation, monitoring, management, and troubleshooting for LANs and Access Points
• Manage IT projects and vendors, including procurement, project planning and implementation
• Ensure compliance with JSI Information security policies, procedures and standards
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions Assess IT Infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
• Assist in the planning, research, purchasing and installation of IT systems and products
• Maintains current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
• Train the project staff about new and potential use of the IT Systems, provide orientation to new users of implemented technology, JSI IT policies, procedures, standards and various application
• Function as positive role model for staff
• Conduct business with honesty and integrity
• Additional responsibilities of a similar nature as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or related field.
• Two or more of any of the following Professional Certifications in the areas of Information Technology and Computing: CCNA, MCSA, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, ITIL
• Six (6) or more years of professional experience in designing and implementing IT projects in developing countries, which must include: 3+ years of full experience of administering, build and maintenance of Windows Server 2008+ OS, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux OS, 3+ years of experience working with technology users; 3+ years of experience administering TCP/IP LANS
• Demonstrated experience with Cloud Technologies and Google Collaboration tools such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.
• Experience setting up and troubleshooting various technology equipment such as laptops, video conferencing systems, mobiles, etc.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail.
• Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to correctly determine proper course of action needed for safe and efficient resolution to any technology issue
• Demonstrated ability to perform assigned work independently, prioritize user requests and escalate appropriately
• Experience with IT Help Desk support strongly desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a variety of audiences
(management, peers, users) Ability to work in a collaborative environment and to be self-managing
• Solid understanding of the business of IT service delivery
• Strong organizational skills
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to travel to support the project regional offices and health facilities.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters
• Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules, and regulations strongly desired.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8