As part of the transformation journey the bank is re organising its process and wishes to recruit competent, professional and passionate resources, with a clean track record to fill the vacancies below.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER CREDIT RISK
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF RISK .
To provide an independent assurance to management through the Head of Risk and the Risk Committee, that established controls around Credit risk management are operating as intended to ensure compliance with regulations and established Bank policies and procedures.
To ensure that the monthly Management Risk Committee process is effective in the identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of bank level credit risk
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES:
• Effectively deploy the Credit Risk Management Framework within bank.
• Ensure that Credit risk is being managed (i) appropriately in the businesses and support functions within the bank and (ii) consistently across the businesses and support functions in the bank ultimately reducing Credit losses.
• To maintain a forward-looking credit risk pro le of the bank and actions initiated to mitigate and control credit risk leading to a reduction in credit related losses.
• Monthly Stress Testing for Credit risk reflecting the impact on the bank’s profitability, core and total capital (Capital Adequacy).
• Credit post disbursement reviews on a weekly basis.
• Regulatory compliance reviews
• Monthly review of Credit Concentration.
• Quarterly review of Classification and Provisioning
• Attend meetings to highlight as well as pick up the key risks in the bank as scheduled i.e. Management Operational Risk Committee (MORC), MCRC, and MCC.
• Annual review and assurance over the adequacy of credit policies, process flows and procedural guidelines
• Track and ensure that the Credit department has completed their monthly KRIs.
• Follow up for closure of significant risks and issues in Credit department as highlighted by the Internal Auditors, external auditors, regulators/BOU, and any other compliance reviews.
• Lead key Credit risk initiatives including staff training programmes and credit systems implementation and rollout where necessary.
• Ensure that staff are adequately trained on Credit policies and procedures and have access to tools and techniques to discharge their duties effectively.
• Ensure that controls and checks associated with Credit Risk Management deployment are in place and are effective
• Ensure that Credit Risk and Loss reports are completed in a timely manner and in compliance with de ned procedures.
• Provide periodic assurance to MRC on Data Quality and on loss reconciliation working with Credit/ Finance/ Credit Risk Representatives.
• To maintain the Bank Credit Risk Pro le that accurately reflects the potential impact to the bank
• Drive the implementation of the reconciliation of credit losses/impairment/ provisions and the resolution of any discrepancies/mismatch.
• Participate in Credit related investigations and prepare results thereof for presentation to the Head of Risk for further action
• Develop and embed a high-performance culture by working with the Risk Champions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 7 years’ Banking experience 3 of which must be in the Risk management function
• Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills to quickly stop threats of significance to the institution.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability and focuses on delivery of broader departmental and corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity