As part of the transformation journey the bank is re organising its process and wishes to recruit competent, professional and passionate resources, with a clean track record to fill the vacancies below.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER CREDIT ANALYSIS
REPORTS TO: CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER .
ROLE PURPOSE : To provide leadership and direction to the Bank’s Credit Analysis team with responsibility for originating and structuring of clients’ credit applications, supporting the growth of a profitable and quality credit portfolio, monitoring and managing the Bank’s credit portfolio and supporting the Bank’s credit growth strategy
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES:
• Provide leadership and Guidance to the credit Analysis Unit in structuring of new and existing clients’ applications to ensure timely delivery of requests that meet the Bank’s funding guidelines.
• Working with the Credit approval team to carry out thorough analysis of clients’ request for Credit including analysis of ¬financial statements.
• Provide Credit Risk analysis ¬ands and recommendations to management for approval as well as providing technical support to the team to ensure timely approval of credit requests.
• Work closely with the Business teams to develop innovative ¬financing products that are responsive to the changing customer needs. Initiate regular review of existing credit facilities in the Business and Institutional Banking segment and updating management on any fi¬ndings relating to the borrowers’ continued ability to meet their obligations.
• Participate in meetings with both new and existing borrowers to discuss ¬financing needs as well as provide technical support in structuring complex transactions.
• Regularly monitor the quality of the Bank’s credit portfolio, to assess potential risks of non-payment of loans and identifying early warning signs and advising management accordingly.
• Train and develop staff in the unit and bank at large to constantly improve underwriting skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Banking environment in the credit risk and business management functions.
• Ability to handle a diverse loan portfolio and customer base
• Strong Analytical and decision-making abilities as well as good communication and negotiation skills.
• A broad practical knowledge of Credit Management and Risk Management in the financial services sector.
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally
• Ability to build professional working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability for delivery of corporate goals.
• Strong skills in decision making
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity
E EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• A Business degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, or any relevant field.
• Relevant Practical training in Credit in the financial services sector.
• A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or Credit Analysts Certification qualification would be an added advantage
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Work Hours: 8