As part of the transformation journey the bank is re organising its process and wishes to recruit competent, professional and passionate resources, with a clean track record to fill the vacancies below.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER INTEGRATED RISK
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF RISK .
To provide an independent assurance to management through the Head of Risk and the Risk Committee, that established controls around market risk, liquidity risk, product risk, strategic risk and stakeholder risk management are operating as intended to ensure compliance with regulations and established Bank policies and procedures.
To ensure that the monthly Management Risk Committee & Management ALCO process is effective in the identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of integrated risk
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES:
• Effectively deploy the Integrated Risk Management Framework within bank.
• Ensure that Integrated risk (market risk, liquidity risk, product risk, strategic risk and stakeholder risk) is being managed (i) appropriately in the businesses and support functions within the bank and (ii) consistently across the businesses and support functions in the bank ultimately reducing associated losses.
• To maintain a forward-looking integrated risk pro le of the bank and actions initiated to mitigate and control market risk, liquidity risk, product risk, strategic risk and stakeholder risk leading to a reduction in credit related losses.
• Monthly Stress Testing for Market Risk & Liquidity risk reflecting the impact on the bank’s Core and total capital (Capital Adequacy).
• Attend meetings to highlight as well as pick up the key risks in the bank as scheduled i.e. MORC, MRC, and ALCO.
• Annual review and assurance over the adequacy of Finance, Treasury, ALCO, Product Management and Strategic Planning policies and procedural guidelines.
• Track and ensure that the Finance, Treasury, Products, and the Office of Strategic Management has completed their monthly KRIs.
• Follow up for closure of significant risks issues as highlighted by the Internal Auditors, external auditors, regulators/BOU, and any other compliance reviews.
• Lead key Integrated risk initiatives including staff training programmes.
• Ensure that staff are adequately trained on Finance, Treasury, Product Development and Strategic Planning policies and procedures and have access to tools and techniques to discharge their duties effectively.
• Ensure that controls and checks associated with Integrated Risk Management deployment are in place and are effective
• To maintain the Bank Integrated Risk Pro le that accurately reflects the potential impact to the bank
• Participate in Finance & Treasury related investigations and prepare results thereof for presentation to the Head of Risk for further action.
• Develop and embed a high-performance culture by working with the Risk Champions in respective Departments/Units.
• Report all breaches on liquidity, interest rates, foreign exchange and concentration risk in the Market Risk Report.
• Review of pricing models and validate that instrument set-up data is correct in the valuation models used.
• Perform IFRS9 Model validation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 7 years’ Banking experience; 3 of which in Risk management
• Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills to quickly stop threats of significance to the institution.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability and focuses on delivery of broader departmental and corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree, in Business, Science, Economics and related fields;
• Professional qualification as a chartered accountant and membership to CPA - Uganda is essential. Possession of other relevant professional qualification would be an added advantage.
• Relevant practical training in Audit & Compliance in the financial services sector is desirable