As part of the transformation journey the bank is re organising its process and wishes to recruit competent, professional and passionate resources, with a clean track record to fill the vacancies below.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER OPERATIONAL RISK AND FINANCIAL CRIMES
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF RISK .
To provide an independent assurance to management, that established controls are operating as intended to ensure compliance with regulations and established Bank policies and procedures.
Drive Second Line of Assurance activities within the bank to ensure that businesses and support functions have deployed and are executing all necessary key controls in a manner which is consistent with Bank standards.
To ensure that the monthly Management Risk Committee process is effective in the identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of bank level risks. To ensure that the bank achieves operational risk management requirements of the Basel II programme in accordance with agreed timelines and direction.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES:
• Effectively deploy Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) within bank. Ensure that operational risk is being managed (i) appropriately in the businesses and support functions within the bank and (ii) consistently across the businesses and support functions in the bank ultimately reducing operational losses.
• To maintain a forward looking risk pro le of the bank that captures the major risks, ensuring that risks that might impact multiple businesses and/or support functions are captured and actions initiated to mitigate and control risks leading to a reduction in operational losses.
• Lead key operational risk initiatives including staff training programmes and systems implementation and rollout.
• Provide leadership and a quality work culture among the Operational Risk team.
• Ensure that supervised staff have the requisite training and tools to perform their tasks effectively.
• Own the Operational Risk work stream of Basel 2 work plans and the implementation into Business As Usual (BAU) of the Operational Risk deliverables.
• Ensure that staff are adequately trained in ORMF policies and procedures and have access to tools and techniques to discharge their duties effectively.
• Ensure that controls and checks associated with ORMF deployment are in place and are effective
• Ensure that Operational Risk and Loss reports are completed in a timely manner and in compliance with denned procedures.
• Coordinate and drive the MRC agenda in accordance with the approved terms of reference.
• To maintain the Bank OR Pro le that accurately reflects the potential impact to the bank
• Perform annual Quality Assurance Reviews of all Bank Policies, Processes and Manuals.
• Perform second line assurance reviews for all branches & Head Office Units as per the approved Annual Risk Work Plan and report the significant risks at MRC & BRC
• Follow up on closure of all issues identified during the second level risk assurance reviews, Internal Audit reports, External Audit reports, Bank of Uganda reports, MRC & BRC Matters arising 15. BCM Governance- Incorporate BCM updates in monthly Risk report for MRC.
• Continuously update the BCP/ BIAs.
• BCM Risk Assessment
• Emergency & Crisis Management Readiness- Training of Fire wardens & First Aiders
• Review of Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) & Key Risk Indicators
• Financial Crimes management, investigations, awareness training and sensitization
• Fraud & Incident Management- Tracking of Incidents from branches & departments
• Attend UBA Fraud & Forgeries Subcommittee Meetings as may be delegated by the Head of Risk.
• Share main lessons learnt from the Incidents as well as UBA Fraud & Forgeries Subcommittee Meeting to stakeholders (MRC/BRC).
• Conduct project risk assessments as and when required. Conduct Outsourcing Risk Assessments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 7 years Banking experience, 3 of which should be in a Supervisory / managerial position in a Risk management function
• Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills to quickly stop threats of significance to the institution.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• A Business degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Management, Banking, or any relevant field.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master's degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
• Relevant Practical training in Risk in the financial services sector
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Work Hours: 8