Radiologist – Nakasero Hospital
April 9, 2021
Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital in Uganda that has been in operation since 2009. Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
As such we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Radiologist
JOB PURPOSE: Taking and analyzing medical images to diagnose and treat illnesses. Perform image-guided procedures. Review diagnostic imaging, including ultrasounds-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT). Ensure the radiology team is well supervised, provide accurate reports and scans to patients. .
• Examine various types of images, including x-rays, computer tomography (CT) scans, mammograms, ultrasounds, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.
• Read reports and record results for review by physicians
• Diagnose patient illnesses
• Provide consults to patients’ primary doctors on results of imaging and recommend courses of treatment or suggest that additional images be taken.
• Work alongside radio technologists and other professionals in administering treatment
• Operate the machinery used to collect these images and occasionally monitor imaging sessions run by radiologic technologists and technicians.
• Administer nuclear medicine, oncology, or other radiation techniques to treat patients with illnesses or diseases.
• Examine patients, record medical histories, and prescribe medications.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Integrity, able to work under minimum supervision, good communication skills and demonstrative skills, competent at work place, needs to handle all the equipment with care, good interpersonal skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Masters in Medical Radiology
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Profession council
• At least 3 (three) years post qualification experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree