Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
NU-TEC MD is a seven-year FCDO programme that aims to increase the incomes and climate resilience of poor-men and women in northern Uganda (NU) by (a) stimulating sustainable, pro-poor growth in selected agricultural markets and (b) improving the position of poor men and women within these market systems, to make them more inclusive for poor people. Palladium manages the programme on behalf of FCDO.
NU-TEC MD has the potential to sustainably and significantly improve the livelihoods of over 750,000 poor people in NU. It is expected that the programme will deliver the following results: -
1. At least 750,000 poor people in Northern Uganda, 50% women, will see their resilience to climate change increased and incomes raised by at least 15%.
2. At least £55m in new investment supported by the project (excluding loans).
3. At least £90m in additional turnover in businesses supported by the project.
The MRM Manager will lead the development and management of monitoring, evaluation and learning for the project.
SCOPE OF WORK
In close collaboration with the Team Leader and the technical team, the MRM Manager will be required to establish and support implementation and adaptation of project-wide MRM systems. S/he will ensure overall quality and will maintain robust and adaptive monitoring and results measurement (MRM) systems. S/he will build the capacity of project technical staff in monitoring results and in capturing learning, working with them to develop and update detailed results chains for their respective interventions.
The MRM Manager will be a key member of the technical advisory team and will liaise with the Team Leader to identify gaps in Monitoring and Results Measurement and will advise best practices to address the gaps.
This position is based in Kampala, but requires frequent travel to Gulu and other parts of Northern Uganda.
The NU-TEC staff work as an integrated team. The MRM Manager will be expected to contribute to other aspects of the programme. .
The MRM Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Coordinate MRM activities and information across NU-TEC programme partners.
• Build capacity of project technical staff and partners in monitoring results and in capturing learning, working with them to develop and update detailed results chains for their respective interventions.
• Lead regular project reviews and reporting of results, particularly quarterly, semi-annual and annual reviews.
• Support technical staff in the development and review of concept notes, scopes of work, partner intervention project plans, results chains and results measurement frameworks.
• Analyse data sets in conjunction with Market Managers and implementing teams to ensure accurate and coherent results are collected across the project.
• Manage staff and contractors in relation to MRM-initiated activities, including short-term advisors, media consultants and part-time data collectors.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Capacity Building M&E
• Support Team Leader in mentoring and guiding MRM team and put in place strategies for training and additional capacity building of team.
• Ensure full understanding and implementation of M&E guidelines by MRM team and other technical staff.
• Manage and coach MRM team to retain high calibre staff for better delivery of service.
Essential Education and Experience Required
• Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Agriculture, Development Studies or other related field with over 5 years’ relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Economics, Agriculture, Development Studies, Finance and Agribusiness or other related field with 8 years’ relevant experience.
• Experience in implementing M4P, Value chain Development or Private sector development programmes or investment promotion programmes.
• Relevant work experience should include activities related to agricultural commodities and rural development, or with experience working with the private sector. Critical will be to have knowledge of the institutions, companies and organisations that provide services to the agricultural sector in Uganda.
Key Competencies Required
• The ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Excellent communications skills.
• A passion for the international development sector.
• Exceptional analytical and writing skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree