The Promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme (PREEEP) is implemented by GIZ in cooperation with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD) and aims at improving the framework conditions for access to clean energy in rural and pert-urban areas. GIZ is looking for a Receptionist/ Administration Assistant with a strong background in Administration
Title: Receptionist/ Administration Assistant
Reports to: Head of Administration (PREEP)
Contract duration: Until September 2022 with the possibility of extension
Ref. No: GIZ-PREEP/R/04216
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. BIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity at perspective at the working place. .
The Receptionist/Administration Assistant will be responsible for:
• Liaising with customers in a service—oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing professional phone services, personally welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard in the reception area
• Performing reception and secretariat services on a daily basis
• Managing daily office operations
• Managing the project office facilities
• Supporting the organisation of events and meetings
The Receptionist/Administration Assistant performs the following tasks:
• Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them
• Maintains a call back list of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member
• Registers, documents and organises incoming and outgoing correspondence (e-mails, packages and personally delivered messages)
• Ensures deputization for other staff members
• Ensures visitors are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments etc.
• Ensures visitors and staff adhere to Covid-19 SOPs
Office management and services
• Ensures creation and/or regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, e-mail)
• Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence (e-mail, fax, other official documents)
• Distributes stationery and minor office supplies
• Helps staff find their correct room while rotation of offices continues
• Manages office keys
• Makes photocopies and scans documents if and when required
• Assures facility management of the project office and initiates in accordance with management repairs, maintenance, etc.
Support to administrative activities
• Supports the preparation and organisation of events, meetings and activities in close collaboration with the staff members of the project (invitation letters, reservations, reimbursement of transport allowance and per diem, etc.)
• Complies and organises information materials, taking into account corporate design regulations of EU and GIZ
• Labels files according to GIZ/EU ﬁling system
• Fills lists and tables according to the specific instructions of the administrative expert
• Assists in preparing inventory lists
• Maintains record of service requests
• Prepares invoices/ receipts ready for stamping and have them signed by the responsible people
• Assists in the preparations for internal control and EU audits
• Updates trainings, consultancy lists and databases as advised by the technical staff
• Prepares advance and refund calculations for work related trips
• Updates business cards to the contact list
• Maintains the project office stock.
• Prepares financial documents (vouchers, receipts, etc.) to be delivered to the finance manager
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader
• Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and other tasks as assigned, e.g. focal point for HIV, gender, security, etc., if required
• Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in secretarial studies, administration, or any related field
• At least 1-year professional experience in a comparable position would be an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Good working knowledge oi ITO technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams)
• Very good written and oral knowledge of English.
• Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Ability to arrive at the office early in the morning punctually each day of the week.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree