Our Client M-Cash Uganda Limited seeks to recruit a Senior Project Manager.
M-Cash Uganda Limited is a Ugandan owned wallet-led FinTech company, incorporated in December 2010 and licensed by Bank of Uganda to provide financial services and payments to the banked and un-banked population through partnerships with commercial banks. Since inception, one of M-Cash’s primary business objective has been to bridge the financial inclusion gap by bringing the unbanked population to mainstream finance.
The Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) through the Agriculture Cluster Development Project (ACDP) together with the World Bank, organized the disruptive agriculture technology (DAT) innovation challenge in November 2019. The objective of the event was to explore opportunities from the various start-ups, individual innovators, and businesses, that had developed digital solutions that could solve the challenges impeding the progress of the ACDP.
The Ministry went on to offer a contract to M-Cash Uganda Limited to supply and install a financial inclusion system that comprised of farmer enrollment using the M-Cash eKYC, eVoucher and eCommerce platforms to enable 193 farmers in 22 districts make orders of farm inputs and consequently redeem using USSD, mobile app whilst leveraging the scalable M-cash agent network country wide.
The Senior Project Manager will initially be tasked to Implement the installation of a financial inclusion system for the Agriculture Cluster Development Project (ACDP).
The Senior Project Manager ensures that projects are coordinated and executed profitably and to the satisfaction of clients whilst managing all stakeholder interests.
The position oversees project planning, implementation, resource utilization, cost management, risk management, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and timely delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• The Senior Project Manager’s key responsibility is to ensure that projects are coordinated and executed profitably and to the satisfaction of clients whilst managing all stakeholder interests.
• The role will oversee project planning, implementation, resource utilization, cost management, risk management, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and timely delivery.
• Establish and maintain networks to promote Mcash and its culture.
• Research sufficiently on the business sector of a project to provide insightful advice to clients and developers.
• Implement the installation of a financial inclusion system for the Agriculture Cluster Development Project (ACDP).
• Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
• Manage communication and ensuring stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, and exceptions.
• Always ensure communication flows efficiently between the right people and stakeholders.
• Advise clients on issues that may impact the achievement of related project outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
• Develop and maintain project plans; managing the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
• Advise the Project Board of any deviations from the plan; identifying and managing risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved; monitoring and evaluating performance of service providers.
• Advise the project stakeholders on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
• Delivery and Performance – Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
• Manage the overall delivery of the works, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
• Liaise with and manage where appropriate external suppliers / subcontractors.
• Manage third party partners in an effective way.
• Advise the Project Board and respective stakeholders of any deviations from the project plan.
• Identify and manage risks as well as their contingency and mitigations so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved.
• Monitor and evaluate performance of farm input suppliers on the eCommerce platform.
• Be cognizant and be on top of project deadlines.
• Compare financial budgets, time budgets and project schedules with current status at least on a bi-weekly basis.
• Monitor the work of the team and assist in removing blockers, clarify issues and resolve conflicts.
• Prepare the necessary documentation regarding the project, both before, during and after the project
• Prepare user manuals, systems specifications documents, maintenance plans, quality assurance plans and any other documents specified by the project
• Ensure that all key documents such as contracts, scope negotiation emails, minutes from meetings etc. are kept in an organized manner
• Keep yourself abreast with the newest project management tools and methodologies, and acquire knowledge in the domain of specific projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• University Degree in any discipline, preferably IT and any other qualification in Project Management.
• PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification or equivalent – preferred.
• At least 5year experience in project development and management.
• Experience in the delivery of projects that specifically relate to countrywide enrollments as well as setup and management of brick-mortar outlets.
• Experience in project, team management and skills development.
• Fluency in English is required
• Team Player
• Self- driven
• Openness to feedback
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree