View all 216 Jobs
Job vacancy BrighterMonday Consulting
View all 216 Jobs
Job Title: Programme Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Strategic Development, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
Other reporting relationships: none
Supervises: Business Development Coordinator, Programme Development Coordinator
Duty Location: Kampala with frequent field travels
Main Purpose of Job
To lead the resource mobilization initiatives to attract financial resources for Baylor Uganda in line with the Directorate’s mission
(Show how the job position fits into the Departmental Organogram, i.e. the manager’s / supervisor’s job title, the job titles of colleagues reporting to the same manager plus the job titles for subordinates reporting to this job holder)
Knowledge, skills and experience are required.
(detail here, the knowledge, skills and experience required for satisfactory job performance)
- A Master’s degree in public health or medical-related fields with relevant training in grant writing, business development and other related fields.
- First degree in medicine or any other related field.
- At least 6 years of working experience and at least 2 years in programme development in a Senior role in a reputable Non-Governmental Organization
- Publications in regard to policy development or organizational development/improvement is an added advantage.
- Proposal writing skills resulting in fundable proposals
- Project planning & Management skills
- Knowledge of donor guidelines
- Strong understanding of Resource mobilization
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good networking and partnership skills.
- Project Planning.
- Annual, quarterly, and Monthly business development unit performance reports.
- Institutional Resource needs Gap analysis
- Fundraising work plan
- New funding opportunities were identified.
- Proposals written and submitted for funding
- Approved resource mobilisation strategy policies in place
Planning & Strategy Development
- Develop, implement and appraise strategies and procedures on resource mobilization in line with Baylor-Uganda strategic plan priorities.
- Develop periodic operational resource mobilization activity plans and budgets for approval.
- Identify the organization’s finance deficit/gap, and liaise with the key stakeholders to develop a periodic aggressive resource mobilization strategic plan.
- Identify and manage proposal writing teams in line with funding opportunity announcements and timelines
- Write, consolidate and review draft proposals in line with funding opportunity announcements guidelines and agreed timelines.
- Identify, manage and appraise credible technical consultants required to develop or review proposals in line with call funding opportunity announcement.
- Review and consolidate the final proposal documents in line with funding opportunity announcements requirement before timely submission (final QC/QA)
- Follow up the donors or development finance institutions response in accordance with Baylor Uganda proposal writing guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a donor database including contact details, areas of interest/objectives, funding and contractual modalities and formats with a view to sustaining existing cordial relationships
- Build partnerships and networks with potential donors including local funding agencies, corporate sectors and international donors to foster a profitable working relationship with Baylor-Uganda
Reporting & Compliance
- Monitor the compliance of staff to the approved policies and procedures.
- Develop a system to monitor the implementation of non-donor funded strategies while involving Baylor-Uganda line supervisors as per the agreed upon periodic resource mobilization targets for each department
- Develop and implement a procedure to enhance preparation and prompt submission of high quality technical and financial accountability reports to donors and other relevant partner institutions, as per the requirements.
- Submit monthly and quarterly performance reports on resource mobilization activities
- Provide technical support to departmental/unit/project heads in the development of fundable quality proposals for the organization’s programmes.
- Build the capacity of Baylor-Uganda staff and partners in resource mobilization i.e. in fundraising aspects or donor relating/guidelines as per the identified needs
- Provide leadership and direction to the directorate team.
- Participate in the recruitment of staff in the directorate.
- Mentor and coach team members towards the achievement of directorate objectives
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting quarterly performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual and annual performance reviews.
- Provide measurable development plan including on-the-job learning with the aim of strengthening technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing guidance on career paths and as part of succession planning identify, train and develop capability and capacity of high potential staff to take on critical roles.
- Promote and monitor staff care, well-being and self-care; plan, approve and manage all time, attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage
How to apply.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs