Job vacancy Human Resource Officer in Kampala
5 Jun, 2019
Human Resource Officer
Job purpose: We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, enjoys helping others and has strong interpersonal skills. She/he shall ensure that the organization employs the right balance of staff in terms of skill and experience, monitors attendance, performance and ensures health and safety of all staff across the organization, through comprehensive policy, procedures and systems. Training and development opportunities are available to colleagues to enhance their performance and achieve the company’s strategic and business objectives.
- Proven experience as HR Officer.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Working understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of an HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources/Personnel Management or Social Work and Social
- Administration (SWSA) industrial Psychology or Management Science or any Social Sciences
- (with personnel Management/Human Resources Management as an option) or Arts (with
- Personnel Management/Human Resources Management as an option) from a recognized
- A post-graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution an
- added advantage.
- How to Apply:
- Qualified, experienced and interested persons who wish to apply must e-mail your application
- letter, copies of academic certificates, and a detailed CV, naming at least two professional
- Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 7 June 2019 at 4:00pm.
- Applications sent after this deadline will not be considered.
- KHC is an equal opportunities employment organization and does not solicit for any
- fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- You will not only deal with staff welfare and administration-centred activities, but also strategy
- and planning through.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line
- managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
- Looking after the health, safety and welfare of all employees
- Monitoring staff performance, attendance and timesheets
- Interpreting and advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the
- employer's own employment policies and procedures.
- Recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions and job specifications, preparing
- job adverts, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance
- management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Preparing staff handbooks.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Ensure that staff get paid correctly and on time
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff
- Planning and sometimes delivering training, including new staff & volunteer inductions
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Performance and rewards management.ie making sure that reward systems- principally pay
- and benefits are fair and cost-effective. Ensuring critical skills, experience and performances
- are rewarded.
- Organization development. Ensure the organization’s workforce, culture, values and
- environment will enable her to meet goals and perform well in the future.
- Any other Job related activity assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Share this job offer
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Temporary / Contract | Full Time | 13 Jul, 2019WORK ATCrets Group Limited
See all jobs